ROGER'S TOP TEN SINGLES OF 2006
10. The Editors Munich Out of all the kind of new New Wave bands, I think this is one of the best ones. Great U2-esque thing about it. There is also a little bit of Joy Division in there. And theyre from Birmingham, our home town. Definitely one of my faves of the year.
9. The Bodyrox Yeah Yeah A dance record, a great groove. Combines the electro-techno thing that has been going on and I love the vocal it sounds like a 14 year old naughty school girl.
8. Fedde Le Grand Put Your Hands up for Detroit I have no idea who Fedde Le Grand is, but this is one of those records that when it comes on in the club, everyone goes bananas for it. Another great dance record.
7. Kasabian Empire Great record by a great band one of the best bands out of the new crop of British bands to come out over the past few years. It has a glam rock beat to it.
6. The Kooks She Moves in her Own Way Great pop record - owes a lot to the Beatles, who I am a big fan of. I love how the guy sings and this is a great, original new record.
5. Nelly Furtado Promiscuous Girl From the guy who is doing everything that is great right now, Timbaland. You go to a Club and this rocks the dance floor. The grooves Timbaland comes up with can do no wrong.
4. Madonna "Get Together Ive been a fan for a long, long time. She has been making records for many years - and she is still making great records. She gets better and better, and when I heard this, I just thought it was amazing. The fact that she can make a contemporary dance record at her age, and after being this long in the business, is incredible.
3. Justin Timberlake My Love Another guy who can do no wrong Definitely a great record he just keeps doing it, doesnt he?
2. The Killers When You were Young - Kind of controversial a lot of people are saying this record is not as good as the record they made a year or two ago. I think its a fantastic record, I think they still got it, they are still really going somewhere and they are going to be around for a long time.
1. Gnarls Barkley Crazy Such a simple record with a great, simple groove. Generally this is a well loved record and its my number 1!
Have a happy holiday,
Interested in the tracks Roger picked? Check out iTunes!